We are delighted to announce that vCloud.ie has been awarded ISO 27001 Certification. We are now one of the few technology companies in Ireland to achieve this award. This certification means that vCloud.ie was independently certified and awarded the internationally recognised highest security standard.
What is ISO 27001 Certification?
The ISO 27001 standard that we have implemented provides a framework for Information Security Management best practice that helps our organisation;
- protect clients and employee information
- manage risks to information security effectively
- achieve compliance
ISO is the world’s largest developer and publisher of international standards and the leading international standard for information security management. It is only achieved following a period of rigorous auditing of information and data security processes with a specific emphasis on measuring and evaluating how well a given organisations’ Information Security Management System is performing.
ISO 27001 and GDPR
The EU GDPR will apply across all EU member states from 25th May 2018. This reform has significant implications for business, not only those based in the EU but for all organisations operating within the EU market.
ISO 27001 provides an excellent starting point for achieving the technical and operational requirements necessary to prevent a data breach under the GDPR. ISO 27001 Certification demonstrates that an organisation is actively managing its data security in line with the international best practice. The GDPR states clearly in Article 32 that “the controller and the processor shall implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk “;
- Take measures to pseudonymise and encrypt personal data;
- Ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
- Restore the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident;
- Implement a process for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organisational measures for ensuring the security of processing;
ISO 27001 meets all of the above requirements;
- Encryption of data is recommended by ISO 27001;
- One of ISO 27001’s core tenets is the importance of ensuring the ongoing confidentiality, integrity and availability of information;
- Risk assessment – ISO 27001 mandates that organisations conduct a thorough risk assessment by identifying threats and vulnerabilities that can affect an organisations assets and to take steps to assure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of that data;
- Business Continuity – ISO 27001 addresses the importance of business continuity management;
What does ISO 27001 certification mean to vCloud.ie?
- As our company specialises in Business Continuity, we have always provided secure solutions to our customers – now that we have achieved ISO 27001 we can confidently assure our clients that we are adopting industry best practice and complying with worldwide recognised standards.
- The team in vCloud.ie have developed and successfully implemented a company-wide information security management system that complies with the requirements of the standard
- Compliance will be regularly monitored through internal and external audits.
- ISO 27001 helps us towards complying with GDPR.